EXPERIENCE:Chipotle Mexican Grill Software Development Team Lead Jan 2013 - present
- Happily employed as a .NET Web Developer leading a very driven and top
performing web dev team. Working with Chipotle to help make the world more
sustainable. Primary focus on the online order services for e-commerce.
- An important part of the following projects
ELearning, BigBurrito, Brightcove, Online Order Admin, Health inspections,
Point of Presence, TrackIT mobile, VideoHub
Independent Consultant Software Developer 1998 - present
- Project management, advertising, accounting architecture, research and
development, working directly with clients on JAD, Scrum and Kanban projects.
Full life cycle software development and deployment.
- Architected and wrote Android and iOS applications for the fetch1.com.
The app is a share economy app that Brings convenience to your neighborhood.
- Practice drills app for Android and iOS.
- Won first place in two categories and a second place in the Microsoft
Terrarium .Net competition.
- Designed and created an off-site e-backup solution for Core Network
Solutions Inc. with C# .Net. The multi-threaded solution is simple to use
and can back up any size file (900 Gig files tested). This application and
web service uses 128 bit triple DES encryption, level 9 zip compression,
file resume uploading and MD5 hash tables to ensure your data is secure and
- Resolved the slow web site maintenance system with many redundant tasks
problems of World Wide Caregivers inc. with a C++ self-maintaining web site
generator. This solution reduced the workload of their web master by an
average of 3 hours per day.
- Automated the hours tracking and billing system of a private oil company
with a C++, e-paper solution. This application automatically updates each
truck orders, work hours and inventory with an 802.11b wireless hot sync
when the crew parks the truck at head office. The office is then updated
with the new invoice and report information.
City & County of Denver Senior IT Developer Dec 2006 - Jan 2013
- Lead Development and support for mission critical city applications
including Denver City Police real time applications and interfaces with the
Colorado Bureau of Investigations.
- Worked with a team of 8 and ported the DenverGov web site to DotNetNuke.
- Part of a great team, architecting and developing for denvergov.org
- Used HTML5 and JQuery to create a skinning system that allows over 100
denvergov.org applications to load their application skin from a single
source. Updates to the skin are performed in one place and all applications
receive the update immediately. Cross Domain skinning and section 508
requirements were unique challenges that this project overcomes.
- One of the public sites that I was lead developer on is MyDenver. A multi
threaded SOA portal that leverages MVC and jQuery to aggregate information
from over 20 web services.
- Architected and Developed a c# alerts and monitoring system that reduced
down time from 1.1% to 0.0006%.
- Lead Developer implementing Service Oriented interfaces from Denver PD to
County Courts, City Attorneys, Traffic Bureau, Geo Information and the
Denver Sheriff Department.
- Implemented an ASPX .Net cloud loosely coupling reporting services to the
DPD Record Management services without affecting performance of the
Integra Claims Inc. Senior Programmer Analyst Jan 2005 - Mar 2006
- Project management, working directly with clients to design, build and
maintain websites. Software architecture, Framework design and database
- Coordinated a strategic C# and VB.Net Object Oriented Framework that aids
in the rapid production of data driven web systems.
- Designed, developed and delivered an XMLHttpRequest Engine that uses AJAX to
improve web navigation speed by an average of five times with one fifth the
bandwidth overhead. The XMLHttpRequest Engine gives web sites improved
capabilities and a desktop application look and feel.
- Implemented a solution for the 2005 Crystal Reports PDF compressor bug. The
.NET reporting tool created is easier to use and creates crisp vector based
PDF files in real time. When Crystal Reports had fixed their bug, the
development team unanimously voted to replace existing Crystal Reports with
the new tool instead of going back to Crystal.
VintaCOM Media Group Inc. Senior Software Architect Dec 2001 - Jan 2005
- Managed a team of five developers and three graphic artists, CVS
administration, server replication, app and web development.
- Reduced VintaCOM server replication times by an average of 60 times with a
multi-threaded replication tool written in C# .Net. The enhanced replication
ties directly into CVS.
- Implemented CVS and designed a three-tiered software development life cycle
that allows the development team to have a true Sandbox, Alpha and Beta
stage and gives them the ability to role back to any state in less than two
- Analyzed and evaluated Intel's voice over IP system VOS, then designed and
developed a phone system that ties into the Relationship exchange web
sites, allowing clients to leave voice messages and chat in real time, by
phone, web or both.
- Implemented RLLs for VOS with C++ that allow VOS to work with MP3, Web
services and regular expressions not native to VOS.
- Created CFX tags for Coldfusion with C++ that gives Coldfusion the
ability to do data mining, SFTP, blowfish encryption, Merchant accounts,
secure images and image manipulation that was not native to Coldfusion.
- Designed, developed and delivered a batch email program in C# .Net. Resolved
the 3 million queue threshold in the old system. The new system uses an SQL
server database to allow for millions more records in the Queue and scales
to handle as many mail servers as bandwidth will allow.
- Designed, developed and launched an Artificial Intelligence system in C#
.Net. This system catches and prevents fraudulent use of the web sites we
maintain. It reduced our charge-back's by 7% and improved our screening
speed by 60%.
- Built a Serial port LED display interface with LEDCOM hardware and C# .Net.
to display on line user counts in real-time from trade show booths.
Qubit Technology Software Developer Jul 2000 - Oct 2001
- Web tablet user interfaces, a home security user manager, embedded operating
systems BeOS, BeIA, QnX and Windows CE Research and development.
- Designed and developed an API interface allowing Flash applications to work
as the desktop of our BeIA and Windows CE operating systems using C++ and
control of our tablet user interfaces.
- Simplified the Windows CE development with a C++ application to automate the
compile and compression process of Windows CE kernel and application images.
The application allows developers to work on other projects during the 45
minute Binary Image Building process. Honeywell quickly adopted my
application as their Binary Image Builder.
FMP Management Ltd Programmer Analyst Feb 2000 - Jun 2000
- Software development and maintenance, team design and architecture.
- Designed and developed an Optical Character Recognition OCR engine and
ActiveX control in Visual Basic for Gregg Inc. In testing the new OCR engine
was put up against the XEROX OCR engine scanning heavily speckled dot-matrix
printouts. My engine scored 40% more accurate than the XEROX engine thanks
to the specific dot-matrix character algorithm.
- Created a Wide Area Network Print Driver in Visual Basic to resolve network
hang. The print driver uses compression and checksums to reduce network
overhead. The old print driver locked down the entire WAN for 2 minutes per
page when printing from Edmonton to Calgary. The new Print Driver has 0
network lock time and time to print averages only 500 milliseconds greater
than printer latency.